How To Practice Navasana
Home Practice tip
Great for improving your posture
Use as prep for head stand
Navasana / Boat Pose – practise of this static posture develops physical strength, and importantly, concentration. Mind and body work together to achieve balance in this physically and mentally challenging pose.
Take care of your lower back. Practice Stage 1 to reduce strain.
Stage 1 – Key points
- ground sitting bones, lift out of pelvis, shoulders back and down, draw in core muscles
- balance on sitting bones
- energise with inhale, contract with exhale
Stage 2 – Key points
- steady on sit bones
- draw thighs towards core
- lengthen backs of legs and straighten
Stage 3 – Key points
- open chest and extend arms
- inhale finds lightness, exhale draws energy to core
For more tips and news subscribe to Yogaful, our yoga e-newsletter.